I have a very passionate dream…
A dream that all women will feel confident to choose normal, inuitive childbirth; that all babies will be born in a safer way, without medication in their systems, easily able to breathe, nurse and search their parent’s eyes with wonder and love; and that babies will never endure hours of fright and stress hearing their mothers suffer in childbirth before they slide out into our world.
My dream becomes more of a reality every day as more Hypnobabies mothers use the amazing power of their minds and hearts to help them achieve their easier and more comfortable, powerful birthing. They journey within, where all the answers lie, bond with their precious babies long before birth, and grow in strength, confidence and trust in nature’s most perfect plan:
Women have always known how to give birth. We simply remind them of this innate power and ability, and it is the best job in the world!
Our Hypnobabies program has become so successful that we are now training Childbirth Educators, Doulas, Midwives and Hypnotherapists to become Hypnobabies Instructors. If you share my passion and love for working with expectant couples, and want to provide them with an excellent and very effective childbirth hypnosis program, please read the information below and on the other Instructor training pages on this site.
Unlike any other childbirth hypnosis programs, Hypnobabies is a thorough preparation for childbirth education course, and cannot be taught along with another childbirth or hypno-birth program, used to “supplement” one, or “added to” hypnotherapy sessions. Hypnobabies is always taught in 6, 3-hour classes using only our extremely comprehensive Hypnobabies materials. The results are amazing!
Join us if you share my dream. ~ Kerry Tuschhoff, Founder/Director of Hypnobabies
Hypnobabies Instructor Training Schedule:
Private Instructor Trainings:
Held in January, June and August of 2013; invitations by private organization only; organizations invite their own members.
NOTICE: Due to online project commitments, no public Hypnobabies Instructor Trainings will be scheduled in 2014. Our Private Trainings will be held in February, May and August of 2014; invitations by private organization only. Please join us on our Hypnobabies Official Facebook page, where we will announce our next public Instructor Training schedule.
- Watch our Instructor Training FAQs Webinar (currently not available)
- AFTER viewing the webinar in full, make sure you have completed your Training Interview Checklist (currently not available)
- Fill out an online Instructor Training Application
- Watch for an e-mail inviting you to call and schedule your Skype Interview
- Schedule and participate in a Skype Interview
- If accepted, you will recieve an invitation to register for our next Hypnobabies Instructor Training
- Instructor Training Registration is completed online
Basic Hypnobabies Instructor Training information:
Our Hypnobabies Instructor Training is a 4 day course, and each participant will have a background in both childbirth and hypnosis, and a love of working with expectant families. The cost for our training course is $995.00 per person, which includes all Instructor Training course materials, and upon completion of certification - 3 Hypnobabies Student Sets ($165.00 value), a package of Hypnobabies instruction and marketing materials ($120.00 value), free listings on our website and many other materials. Full list of certification materials provided HERE.
Course fees are paid by Credit Card only, online.
1) Watch our Instructor Training FAQs Webinar online.(currently not available)
2) Complete your online application, with a $10.00 non-refundable Application Fee, to become qualified for an Interview. Please note: you will be able to access the link to our online application process after viewing our FAQs webinar.
3) Skype Interview: Each qualified applicant will be contacted by e-mail to schedule a Skype interview with our Program Coordinator. Skype interviews are conducted to see if Hypnobabies is a good fit for *you* before being accepted into our program. You *must* have a Skype account (it's free) already in place when you call to schedule your Skype Interview; it is free to join. Skype Interviews will be scheduled on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Friday mornings only, from 10 AM to 12 Noon, Pacific Time.
4) Required Reading: There is a Required Reading list, (books not included with course fee) which needs to be completed before your Hypnobabies Instructor Training begins.
5) Hypnosis Training: A background in hypnosis means 50 hours of study from a reputable school of hypnosis, and our participants need only get basic hypnosis training. *Hypnotherapy certification is not required. PLEASE NOTE: All applicants who have not completed 50 hours of hypnosis training from a reputable school of hypnosis by the time of your Skype Interview will be required to take our Hypnobabies Self-Study Introduction to Hypnosis Course by Roy Hunter : $325.00. Considering that most hypnosis courses cost between $700 and $3500, ours is very affordable, contains excellent basic hypnosis information and practice and fulfills our Hypnobabies hypnosis requirements for much less out of pocket expense while working at your own pace. Your Introduction to Hypnosis Course must be completed before your Hypnobabies Instructor Training begins.
6) Childbirth Training: A background in childbirth means doula, childbirth, midwifery or nursing training. For those without a background in Childbirth, our one day Introduction to Childbirth Workshop is mandatory and is scheduled on the day before each Hypnobabies Instructor Training. This class costs $150.00 and consists of invaluable information on pregnancy, childbirth, postpartum and educator techniques. Workshop fee includes our resource workbook and all other materials. There is additional reading after training; book included in workshop fee.
Very Important: As a Prospective Instructor Trainee, you'll have a Skype Interview with one of our Instructor Training Coordinators, to see where your heart is, what your professional background has been, and to make sure all of your training questions are answered. We want to make sure that Hypnobabies fulfills your expectations for becoming a hypnotic childbirth educator, is a good fit for you, and that you'll be an asset to your community as well as our dedicated Hypnobabies team!
After your Skype Interview, if you've been accepted into our Training Program, you'll be sent an Online Registration link by e-mail, and you'll be on your Hypnobabies journey, working towards a beautiful future with expectant couples, a process we all love so much here at Hypnobabies.
In our Hypnobabies Instructor Training Program, you will be both student and teacher as you easily learn Hypnobabies... class by class, participating fully in all facets of your training. You will feel completely confident at the end of your training that you are qualified to successfully teach Hypnobabies and able to promote and market your classes as well. Our 320 page Instructor's Manual is so detailed that our course teaches itself, and you will be provided with all Hypnobabies materials that you need to easily begin your journey as a Hypnobabies Instructor.
After training, each Hypnobabies Instructor will send in their Final Exam before becoming certified as a Hypnobabies Instructor, and all class materials for future Hypnobabies students will be ordered from Hypnobabies LLC. All Hypnobabies Instructors will then join our online Instructor' support group, where we have files full of free Hypnobabies documents and forms, fliers, marketing, advertising and promotional resources of all kinds, as well as answers to frequently asked questions and direct responses to inquiries from the leaders of Hypnobabies and other instructors. This helps you to get started teaching Hypnobabies very easily while networking and learning from others. Our Instructor's e-mail group is very positive and supportive; a gathering of like-minded birth professionals who love helping young couples have the birth of their dreams. Newbies welcome; bring your ideas to share!
If you are a childbirth professional interested in helping expectant couples have a much easier birth experience, please call us at (714) 894-BABY (2229) for more information. I cannot tell you how awe-inspiring it is to watch a Hypnobabies mom during labor resting quietly and calmly during a contraction, fully 9 cm dilated and looking as though she is having a refreshing nap! She then opens her eyes and smiles, asking for a drink and a change of position, completely relaxed and happy. YES! Our minds are amazingly powerful, controlling our bodies completely and we Hypnobabies Instructors easily and naturally teach women how to use their own minds to the fullest.
We are changing the way women give birth, the way babies are born, and the perception of natural childbirth in the world. Join us..... if you are too.
Kerry Tuschhoff, HCHI, CHt, CI
Founder and Director of Hypnobabies
Required Training Materials:
- Ina Mae’s Guide to Childbirth (book) by Ina Mae Gaskin
- Birth Matters (book) by Ina Mae Gaskin
- The Belly Mapping Workbook, by Gail Tulley
(ordered only from Hypnobabies during your online Training Reigstration process)
- The Power of Birth Language E-Workbook, by Kerry Tuschhoff & Carole Thorpe
(Provided to you free AFTER registration in our Hypnobabies Instructor Training Program)
If you need more information, please feel free to call our office:
at 714-894-BABY (2229)
or toll-free (US only) at 877-97-HYPNO (49766).